Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Stressed out today!

I've had a long and stress-filled day. Right now, I just want to rest my mind up & fall asleep. I feel so overwhelmed by all the responsibilities that befall me since my mum's passing. I am finishing up a major project of hers, one that I love but that is way too demanding in terms of coordination, time, energy, and patience. I have been giving it just that for the past 6 months, which means that I spend a lot of time away from my own work and that makes me super nervous. I have not been the best employee since my mum passed cause I am just spread into too many directions, left on my own to manage LOTS. I worry about the possible consequences on my career. I pray God understands and protects me from any potential downfall. I hope to be done in a month or 2 MAX so I can get back to my work and life, fast.
I must say that I love this project she left me to finish, it is a wonderful gift I'll talk about more in depth in a future post. I simply wish I didn't have the constraint of having to report to work, that way I could devote all my time to it.
Anyway as far as my day went, said project took me all day, which I hadn't planned. So I was caught without lunch-but I adjusted to the circumstances and didn't give in to the temptation of grabbing a sandwich or any other type of fast food though I considered it for a hot minute. Then I reminded myself that this moment is precisely when you need to deny yourself and chose the healthy option. So I went looking for and found a place that serves grilled steak and salads, which is what I ended up having. I am glad I stayed on track and put my goal first in that moment. I had to however give myself a rest day from exercise because it would have been complicated to fit in...thought in hindsight I see where I could have worked it in...At the time though,I think I did the best I could, simply deciding that too many unplanned activities had surfaced, and that I could simply give myself a rest day instead of beating myself up over not being able to workout...I live and learn, things won't always be perfect on this journey, but I can always do the best I can with the circumstances I am dealt with.
K.

2 comments:

lisa said...

Hi K.
So sorry you have so much to do and wish i could come help....In the mean time don't spread yourself so thin and become stressed or overwhelmed. God Understands and will Lead and Guide you down the right Path for work and the Project,even if it means sending help.Don't worry and Pray for Wisdom,Knowledge,Strength,Peace and Standing Power and I will CERTAINLY do the same on your behalf....Tomorrow will be just as good a workout day as Today.Do it tomorrow1

Be Blessed Never Stressed!

2fab-2bfat

Anonymous said...

Wow. So I just read all through all the posts on this page and I'm quite certain I already love you. Hope that doesn't freak you out. Love your quotes, and we have our faith in common.

So sorry about the loss of your mother. Do you read Prior Fat Girl? She lost her mother quite recently, very suddenly as well. You might enjoy connecting with her, too.

So. Good workout! And I would not just let the guy disappear. I think it's okay to share with him your fears, your situation, and you never know what could evolve.

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogspot Templates