Friday, April 9, 2010

Nothing to fear but fear itself!

I am very seriously grappling with unjustified, constant fear, particularly as it relates to my work environment. What am I afraid of you might ask? Rejection, disapproval, reprimand, incompetency, you name it I am concerned about it to the point of being paralyzed. Where I am supposed to take a simple action in my favor, I twist, fear, over think, refrain, delay up to the very last minute and to the point of getting myself in trouble. I've always lacked professional confidence, but it's now reaching unparalleled heights. Is this due to my weight gain? to losing my rock? to a need to self sabotage? I don't know, I truly have no idea what's going on. But You know what? I am going to give it time and attention ASAP, cause I do not want to be hostage to it any longer. I want peace of mind and the satisfaction of know that I am a responsible, reliable, productive member of society. I am blessed to have the job that I have, though it is not one that I have passion for. I must still find a way of respecting and valuing it, while I dig deeper to unveil my real passion in life. Let's start by figuring out what this fear is all about...I am glad I acknowledged it. K.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogspot Templates