Monday, October 11, 2010

Day 1-Detox and conditioning

So here's the tale of my first day back on track: I went to bed kinda late last night(11:15 instead of my goal of 10:00 pm)buthad my gym clothes all laid out so was ready for the gym shortly after my alarm rang. It felt so good and familiar, putting my workout clothes on after weighing myself. This was my morning routine for over 2 years you know? so felt like deja vu, deja done all over again-Got a little surprise at weigh in: You know from my previous post that I was totally expecting to see something close to 320 lbs, but I weighed in at 299.4!!! Just shy of 300 lbs! YAY, lol. 300+ could have done my head in...Back in april, I weighed in at 300.74 lbs, and did not hold back in food consumption since then so totally thought I had put on even more weight, but it seems I maitained, YAY again. Means less damage to undo.
Off to the gym I went on that high note. There were only about 4-5 people in there, unfamiliar faces. I was immediately at ease. Hoped on my tready and walked comfortably for 20 minutes, at a slow/regular pace of 2.5 mph. Right now my goal is just to get back into the habit of daily exercise, not trying to meet a particular pace, burn a number of calories or any of that sort of thing. It'll be 20 mins a day, however I can handle, for the rest of this week.
As I was working out, 2 other workout freaks from my former incarnation walked in and greeted me warmly, they were thrilled to see me back, and I was candid about having to start all over again. They were supportive, non judgemental, and one of them said the best thing: You know how to do this! And I sure do. It is amazing how just having decided to take back the reign of my life and health positively affects my whole outlook and attitude already. I feel so wonderful. I wish I could bottle up this feeling for use on those hard days that are sure to come! But I also know how to handle those!.
K.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. You're back! I have somehow missed your previous few days of updates. I went back and read them all. And I'm here to support you. Wisecracks, commiseration, prayers, whatever you need.

K. said...

Yes I am back dear! can you send me your e-mail? I need all the help I can get, and would love to chat some more. thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment

 
Simply Yours Designs Cute Blogspot Templates